Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] cvs version

Le dim 08/02/2004 à 10:25, daniel huhardeaux a écrit :
> I saw that openphone is able to do G.729 Is it a way to add this codec
> in GM/ohphone (or to activate G723 which is in GM)? If yes, we know
> where is problem: still not working -> Gateway/Gatekeeper. It's working
> -> codec

Well, G.729 is non-free and patented. I guess OpenPhone is using the
windows codec that comes preinstalled with the system. There is
currently no way to get G.729 working with gnomemeeting. But we will
release 1.00 soon, then work with Craig on a plugins system for audio
codecs. That would allow to have basically any codec (even proprietary)
working in GnomeMeeting. Btw, G.729 costs "only" about 10 dollars and
would make GnomeMeeting directly compatible with all other proprietary
software using that codec (and basically all software support it).

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org