[GnomeMeeting-list] BTTV driver problems

I am running gnomemeeting 0.98.5 in debian unstable.

Just wondering if anyone is having similar weird problems.

Everything was working well in Kernel 2.4.22 but i install 2.4.24
kernel and start having video device problems. My video device being a
video camera plugged into a WinFAST 2000 TV and video capture card.

It came back with color-format error. On the advice as given in the
error I changed the color format values. But no matter what I changed it
to i could not get it to work. So it looked like 2.4.22 was the kernel
for me.

Anyway... recently i decided 2.6.1 would be a nice idea as I could then
use the ALSA drivers for my sound card.

Still problems with this kernel:

gnomemeeting fails to open then video device.

xawtv fails also unless i do "xawtv -c /dev/video0" then it works fine.

Upon doing this gnomemeeting now works perfectly fine and opens the
video device everytime with no problem until i next reboot.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Now for my sound problems. This problem occurs no matter if i am botted
in 2.6.1 kernel or 2.4.2? kernel.

Running as root gnomemeeting works perfectly fine. Running as non-root
gnomemeeting freezes up every single time on the sound test.

My sound card is (cut from lspci -v output)

00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev
10)
        Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
        Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 32,
        IRQ 11
        I/O ports at b400 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [c0] Power Management
        version 2

I thought it was a sharing error with the esd server but it still
freezes on the audio test even without esd running.

The user i am trying to run gnomemeeting as is in the audio and video
groups.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris