Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting 1.2 released!

Hi Chris,

Am Sonntag, den 12.12.2004, 23:36 +0000 schrieb Chris Rankin:
>  --- Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> wrote:
> > which distro? It's basically impossible to remove it
> > unless you
> > recompile it with GTK-only mode..
>
> It used to be RedHat 9, until RedHat started trying to
> force me to install several megabytes of useless junk.
> (RPM dependency hell...)

RH9 rpms will be made available the next days.. I suggest you wait till
then instead of messing with the sources yourself. But you may try
anyway, if you dare =)

> So what you're basically saying is that GnomeMeeting
> is completely useless unless you happen to be using
> Evolution for your mail client. (Which I'm not.)
> Correct?

Nope. Entirely wrong. We depend on evolution-data-server the backend
"daemon", not the frontend evolution. And there's the Addressbook in
GnomeMeeting that does allow you to manage the contacts without
Evolution too. You can see EDS as the new backend in GNOME right next to
gconf2 to manage your contacts.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian