[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Poll (Jerome Lacoste)

Hi,
  here are my answers

> Hello,
>

> I would like to ask a few questions, if you can, try to answer. You
can
> give several answers for each of the questions. There are more than
500
> subscribers, I would appreciate to receive at least 100 answers.
>
> 1) I'm using GnomeMeeting :
>
>       a) Professionally
>       b) For fun

b) for calling my parent abroad.

> 2) I think that GnomeMeeting :
>       a) is unstable
>       b) is stable
>       c) is very stable

b) Is stable to the point that I have it running (0.98 I think) on a
Suse 9.0
at home for my parents to call me, but there is an occasional hic-hup,
caused usually by arts or the webcam, that I solve via VNC and ssh.

> 3) Regarding protocols :
>       a) I'm happy with H.323
>       b) I want SIP
>       c) I don't care what protocol is used as long as it works

b) I hear more and more about SIP, and I am interested on it
performance-wise.

> 4) My major concern was :
>       a) Firewall/NAT problems
>       b) audio problems
>       c) it was hard to use

Inability of Suse 9.0 to use a toucam 730K, so I had
to bring back a logitech  web and use it on suse.

> 5) Regarding Skype :
>       a) I think Skype has a bright future
>       b) I'm using Skype and GnomeMeeting
>       c) I'm not using GnomeMeeting anymore now that there is Skype
>       d) I think GnomeMeeting has no more interest now

I have no idea what it is.

Would you give some money to see GM improved?
a) No way
b) 10 -20$
c) 20-40$
d) over 40$

To give una-tantum money to have an improved product,
now that the dollar is weak? Hell, even over 40 bucks :)

Best Regards