Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Audio delay compared to netmeeting.

> Not really. I suggest you to try from GnomeMeeting to GnomeMeeting to
> make sure there is not something weird going on on the netmeeting side.

Oh man, that was a major homework task. I only had RH8 on my
laptop, so instead of upgrading to a recent gnomemeeting on that
one, with all the dependency resolution stuff, I thought I'd be
smart and install FC3 from scratch. Well, installation worked
alright, but on boot GRUB failed, so I installed LILO, then
the box wouldn't boot because IRQ 11 was disabled and I finally
found out I had to pass pci=noacpi to the kernel since Toshiba
acpi is supposed to be 'broken' but enabled by FC3 anyway. Phew.

But regarding our topic, I finally had two running FC3 boxes on
LAN and the gnomemeeting communication actually went alright,
i.e. I didn't experience those delays. So thanks for that (I
mean it).

Still, this leaves me with the following situation:

* netmeeting <-> netmeeting is ok both ways
* the same for gnomemeeting
* netmeeting -> gnomemeeting is alright
* gnomemeeting -> netmeeting however lags

So, after all we've gone through together, maybe somebody has some
(final) remarks on how to tackle this last one?

Thanks, Bruno.