Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] webcam conflicts with usb modem

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 19:04, Tanguy Léost wrote:
> Or is there a way to tell GM no to upload too much information,
> so that the driver can handle this ?
> ( I have an ADSL connection, 1024k/128k, i think this should
> be enough ?)

Hello,

You can use tc (in the pkg iproute2) to limit your upload :
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root tbf rate 128kbit latency 50ms burst 1540
This will limit your ul speed at 128Kbit/s for the ppp0 device. If you
want advanced features like priority, you can use cbq or htb qdisc, see
http://lartc.org/ for more details.

strawks