[GnomeMeeting-list] Quicknet - Other capabilities.

Following on from the earlier thread, I also am considering geting a card (someone on US ebay is knocking them out for $20 - although for me this goes up with postage and import duty).

If used does the DSP do all the encoding, i.e. which every codec is selected for the call and therefore remove the CPU load from the host PC, or does it just do H723???

Regarding the conference type echo cancelation (mutliple people sitting around a phone) - I guess this is really down to how good the speaker phone is on the actual telephone, rather than the echo cancellation within the card.

If this is main requirement (and you are too cheap to by a quicknet) you might be able to butcher the phone to get line in/out signal to plug directly to your sound card, you PC would still do encoding/decoding of voice.

Simon.