Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: PC-to-PC calls using Quicknet hardware?

Mark Hellman a écrit :

daniel huhardeaux wrote:

It change nothing: echo cancellation is to limit echo from hardware but you will always have the sound going out from loudspeakers and coming back to your microphon. This echo (reverberation) will never be cancelled by the echo cancellation feature as it is part of user audio (as would be the music from your radio if you don't switch it off when your in conversation ;-))

But how come we hear no echo when using H323 appliances like the ones made by Aethra or Polycom? How do they do it? And how can we achieve similar performance without spending hundreds of dollars?

Sound is coming to your hear (like headset), not in the room. This noise is not coming back to microphon (like POTS)

--
Daniel