[GnomeMeeting-list] PC-to-PC calls using Quicknet hardware?

When I use Gnomemeeting (or Netmeeting), both parties have to use headphones to prevent echo. I would like to be able to use loudspeakers without echo. I am considering buying a Quicknet card, not much because of the PC-to-phone features, but to have Echo cancellation on PC-to-PC calls.

But after reading the page http://www.linuxjack.com/ipj.htm, I am not sure if I can take advantage of Quicknet's Echo cancellation feature on PC-to-PC (Gnomemeeting-Netmeeting, Gnomemeeting-Gnomemeeting) calls. The page says «FREE Interoffice calls on the office network when you configure PC-to-PC calling (using MicroTelco)». Does this mean I always need to have a MicroTelco account even if I just want to make PC-to-PC calls?

I would be grateful if somebody enlightens me on this subject.

Thanks,
Mark