Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] AVC input not present?

Le mer, 04/08/2004 à 13:48 +0200, Sharrock Rémi a écrit :
> I have a pb with the AVC input video plugin that is not present in the
> video input list.
> I only have : V4L, DC , picture, and AVC doesn't appear.

Ok, at that point it is clear that the problem is that the avc plugin
isn't enabled.

> In the /usr/lib/pwlib/device/videoinput there are these files:
> avc.so  dc.so  v4l.so

At that point we know that the avc plugin is installed. Now the question
is: why doesn't gnomemeeting use it?! Notice first that mine is named
avc_pwplugin.so, but that is probably because I use a cvs snapshot.

Perhaps you should try "ldd /usr/lib/pwlib/device/videoinput/avc.so" and
see if all library requirements are covered... I don't think you'll see
anything wrong, because:

> Also when I use Kino (a software for DV capture), I have to be root to
> capture video because only the root user has access to /dev/raw1394, and
> it works perfectly with the driver "raw1394" and doesn't work with the
> driver "dv1394".

It annoys me that kino runs, because I don't see how kino could run if
you hadn't the right libs installed :-(

> When I try to lauch gnomemeeting in root, AVC is not present and when I
> try to use DC input I get the error "Erreur lors de l'ouverture du
> périphérique vidéo /dev/raw1394".

Your device is an AVC, not a DC. You can probably remove the libpt-
plugins-dc package, as it is of no use.

If the library dependancies are right, then perhaps you could mail me
(privately) the output of strace gnomemeeting, so I see what's wrong
with the dlopening of that plugin...

Snark on #gnomemeeting

PS:
For the permissions: it's not a big deal: "chgrp video /dev/raw1394" ,
"chmod g+rw /dev/raw1394", add yourself to the "video" group (logout&
back in so the change takes effect), and it's done.