Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] bringing text messages out of the program

On sam, 2004-04-03 at 21:21, Les LaZar wrote:

> Actually, that is the approach we are currently taking (separate process for
> the control signals), but with the text/chat capability of Gnomemeeting, or,
> more precisely, the T.120 functionality, having a separate set of processes
> seems redundant, if not inefficient.  Also, sometimes the GM signals (audio
> and video) seem to slow down noticably when the control signals are being
> sent.  I never noted such a slowdown when using GM text/chat.

No T120 in gnomemeeting: that is the reason why text chat doesn't work
between gnomemeeting and netmeeting: gm uses h323, and nm t120.

Snark on #gnomemeeting

PS: There has been an opent120 project, if I recall correctly ; perhaps
you could revive it?