Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] bringing text messages out of the program

Le ven, 02/04/2004 à 12:54 -0800, Les LaZar a écrit :

> I would also like to be able to perform a function as amir describes....but
> in my case, the control signals (character strings) would originate in a
> process running on one GM system (client).  This process would read the
> position of a joystick or other pointing device and convert it into the pan,
> tilt and zoom commands.  I would like to take these text commands and feed
> them through the text-chat function of GM to the other system running GM
> (server).  At the server, the text strings would be extracted somehow from
> GM and passed to another process that would send them to the serial port
> that controls the Pan/Tilt/Zoom motors.

There is a subset of the H.* series of protocols allowing to do this I
think. I'm not sure, but I think it has been specified.

> GM would require API hooks to allow text to be input via a user process
> (rather than through the keyboard) at the client end and another function at
> the server end that would make such text available to a user process.
>
> Please consider this a new feature request.

I understand, but I'm not sure that exporting such an API is of high
interest for most users. That is something feasible, but there are more
important things on the TODO list. We are not even sure that we will be
able to keep the text chat when moving to SIP....