Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] works with OSS drivers on Debian 2.4.21 kernel but not Knoppix 2.4.22

Hi brown cow (gee, when will users finally learn how to put a
signature?),

Am Sa, den 03.04.2004 schrieb brown cow um 19:23:
> I've got the latest Knoppix( v3.3 ) that won't run
> GnomeMeeting with the default OSS drivers and the ALSA
> drivers don't work at all(no sounds). What is strange
> is that a while ago, I installed Debian(Knoppix v3.0)
> on a workstation and GnomeMeeting works just fine and
> it's running the default OSS drivers.

KNOPPIX needs a special boot-flag to load ALSA drivers. If you load them
by hand, please keep in mind ALSA starts with all mixers muted. So you
need to run some alsamixer to get more volume. Moreover GM 0.98.5 (which
might be the version in Knoppix 3.3) needs a full duplex OSS driver or
ALSA's OSS emulation. Only the GnomeMeeting 1.0.x  is capable of native
ALSA.

Hth.

--
Best regards,