Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with Gnomemeeting under KDE

Le lun 29/09/2003 à 00:37, Carsten Murawski a écrit :
> I'm trying to run Gnomemeeting under KDE. Soundcard and mic work
> properly with artsd (full duplex). To start Gnomemeeting I kill artsd
> (to clear sound device) and launch Gnomemeeting with/without artsdsp.
> Gnomemeeting accesses sound device. Once a connection is established I
> can hear my own mic sound through my speakers. I can also hear the other
> end of the connection (also I lose a lot of packages, but that might be
> something else), but the other party can't hear me.
> I started artsd over Gnomemeeting. In this case, both Gnomemeeting and
> artsd use sound device and artsd works fine but Gnomemeeting doesn't.
>
> Any ideas?

I have the feeling that the problem is with the other party.
If when you are doing the test with the configuration druid, you hear
yourself correctly, with a 5 seconds delay, then your sound setup is ok.
Outgoing audio is rarely a problem with NAT/Firewall. So I suspect the
problem is with your partner which is misconfigured (either not
full-duplex or behind NAT)