Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting.server

Am Sonntag, 28. September 2003 12:12 schrieb Murph Crusher:
> > (Some people might consider installing from source just "kewl", or do so
> > because the can, but in _my_ opinion, this is wasting time, source is for
> > persons who need to do some porting, want to look at the code for
> > auditing or
> > for enhancing it, but not for the user.)
>
> Applications run much faster, when you've installed them from source. But
> in most cases it's not very important. And in the case of gnomemeeting you
> are right. Its not important. But where can I get the binary? I didn't see
> it on gnomemeeting.org.

Just another urban myth. The packages are compiled for pentium, compiling them
for pentium 4 (which is the most different x86 plattform available, compared
to pentium) just gives you a mere boost of less than 1%, as long as you don't
add some optimized assembly code.

> > Add gnomemeeting.org as an install server to YaST, install it, and I am
> > sure, you will be happy.
>
> How do I do this? Can you explain to me, how this works?
>
> Greetings Murph

Start yast, choose "Change installation source", klick on add and choose http,
servername is www.gnomemeeting.org, url is admin/downloads/latest/suse/
misc/8.2-i386/. After that, you can just refresh the package in the software
installation dialog.

Stefan
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/