Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting.server

Am Sonntag, 28. September 2003 01:25 schrieb Murph Crusher:
> hi there
>
> After I installed gnomemeeting 0.98.5 from the source I tried to start it
> and got the following error:
>
> Anscheinend wurde gnomemeeting.server nicht unter einem passendem Pfad
> installiert. Werksmodus wurde deaktiviert.
>
> (gnomemeeting:4487): GConf-WARNING **: Directory `/apps/gnomemeeting' was
> not being monitored by GConfClient 0x814cd10
> PObject 0x8193bb0[20] #520 allocated as "PBaseArray" and should be
> "<NULL>". Block 0x8188ac0 not in heap!
>
> For those of you who don't know german, the translation:
> Seemingly gnomemeeting.server was not installed to a matching path.
> Factorymode was deactivated.
>
> On another computer, the first two lines appear, too, but then it started
> anyway. but connecting to a user the next thing it did, was producing a
> kernel panic (even though my systems do run absolutely stable).
>
> But on that system, where all four lines appear gnomemeeting doesn't start,
> but hangs after the fourth line and has to be stopped by pressing ctrl+c.
> could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Murph
>
> My system: SuSE 8.2, Athlon XP 1800+

Why don't you install the binary packages? Building pwlib/openh323 and
installing might be a major hassle, it took me several tries to get the
packaging and installing right, and I am no newbie to linux. So if you don't
want to hack on gm and only want to use gm, try using the binary packages.

(Some people might consider installing from source just "kewl", or do so
because the can, but in _my_ opinion, this is wasting time, source is for
persons who need to do some porting, want to look at the code for auditing or
for enhancing it, but not for the user.)

Add gnomemeeting.org as an install server to YaST, install it, and I am sure,
you will be happy.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/