Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Using 11% CPU while not running?

 --- Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> wrote:
> > I'd like a mode where gnomemeeting uses 0% CPU
> until it answers an incoming
> > call. Is this possible?
>
> Well, as always: it depends ;)
> Either with large CPU power or with no active
> features running the
> background, you stand a chance this becomes real.
> (like video preview disabled)

Hmm, I think that what he's asking is whether
gnomemeeting can be configured / modified so that it
doesn't "busy wait" between calls. I'm guessing that
there's something else running in the background which
could better use those CPU cycles.

Any idea what gnomemeeting might be doing here? I
would have thought that it might call poll() on the
listening socket for TCP port 1720 in one thread(???)
and wait for mouse/keyboard events in another(???).
But it doesn't sound as if this is the case.

Chris