Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Using 11% CPU while not running?

Hola Mark,

> Running 0.96.0 I have a situation where the CPU sits at about 11%-20%. I
> upgraded to 0.98.5 and it sits at the same. I have the video window closed
> and am not sure what else to minimize.

the minimum CPU consumption depends strongly on the CPU you have. E.g.
my AthlonXP 1800+ has almost 0 percent idle consumption. On a P5-90MHz
this might however be 50-70% (with video preview enabled).
Closing the video window doesn't cut off the video preview btw. It just
hides the display of it. ;)

> I'd like a mode where gnomemeeting uses 0% CPU until it answers an incoming
> call. Is this possible?

Well, as always: it depends ;)
Either with large CPU power or with no active features running the
background, you stand a chance this becomes real. (like video preview
disabled)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian