[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: gnomemeeting pwc problem

Damien Sandras wrote:

> That is a bug in the Philips driver. You are now forced to load pwcx.o
> provided on their website. That also enables large image.

Actually, it is not a bug. It's a feature ;-)
The 'pwc' module is included in the standard kernel. But the best resolution
it can achieve is 352x288 at 5 fps (on PCVC690). To explore the full set of
resolutions and frame rates the camera is capable of, we need to load a
second binary-only driver, pwcx.

Philips does not want to release its compression code. That's why it is
binary-only.

Joao