Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Runs as root but not as user

On Thursday 11 Sep 2003 2:53 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm going to have to spend a little time with these, as they are
> long with many commented lines.  But already I have found that
> there is a /lib/dev-state/v4l/video0 and that could be where the
> unwanted settings are being picked up.  I'll do some more work on
> this.  Just changing them there hasn't been enough.  I'll come back
> when I've read a bit more.

Well, /etc/devfsd.conf has the line RESTORE /lib/dev-state.  Sure
enough, that is where msec was finding the old setting.  I changed
that and now ownership and permissions seem to be sticking.

But I still get the error.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302