Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Runs as root but not as user

On Wednesday 10 Sep 2003 8:07 pm, PUYDT Julien wrote:
> Then no wonder the error message is the same: change the perms to a
> more sensible 660, and the owner to root:video, and that should
> work.

OK - now it's
[root anne-linux anne]# ls -l /dev/v4l/
total 0
crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   0 Jan  1  1970 video0

If I launch as root I have a picture.  If I launch as anne I still get
the same message

Later...

I've just discovered that I can change owner, group and perms, and
they list ok, but if I log out and back in they have reverted.  I
must be missing something vital here, and perhaps that's what's
causing the problems.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302