Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] TOS

Hi Damien,

> I think that at least 99% are ignoring it. That is why I never added it.

sorry, but you underestimate the power and future importance of QoS..
If there shall be a one-network-infrastructure one day, there's no way
to live without.
Regarding the discussions on the LARTC ml shows there's even quite some
public interest in QoS. Current implementations may show that most
classifying is done through port-numbers or even Layer-7, but there's
still a good chance that VoIP traffic in general will profit from a
minimum-latency TOS. (i doubt "max. thruput" makes much sense with
just-in-time live data)

IMHO the discussion should be if to set min. latency (and maybe max.
reliability) by default.

For those who need a good table to get a brief idea of what TOS is,
please check:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.classless.html

--
Best regards,