Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] TOS

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 09:20, Derek Smithies wrote:
> Hi,
>  but is it worth adding TOS?
>
> How many routers etc actually take notice of TOS ??

Some routers are configured to take notice of TOS.  Many campus sites
are set up this way, as well as some providers networks.

Additionally linux itself can be setup to honour TOS.  I myself would
like to use to prioritize my ISDN line.

I don't think there would be alot of code to add TOS or ip precedence to
gnomemeeting.

Perhaps a small section in the gnomemeeting faq on how to use ip
precedence in gnomemeeting and the kernel would help people with low
bandwidth connections.

What would be really good is different ip precedence values for video vs
audio.