Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] does gnomemeeting support Orange Micro webcams?

Hi Fabio,

> > I'm using gnomemeeting to do videoconferencing under linux. I'm looking for
> > a good webcam using USB 2.0 technology ( I want to capture uncompressed
> > frames at high frame rates). For this reason I found the iBOT2 for the USB
> > 2.0 port.
> >
> > I found the linux driver for this webcam :
> > http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/cameras.html . Does it work properly? If so,
> > does the webcam work with gnomemeeting?
> >
> > Thank you for the help.
>
> If the driver works on Linux, it should work with gnomemeeting. And if
> it doesn't, there is certainly a way to make it working by adding hints
> to pwlib.

The driver is known to work with GM. If howsoever the camera does
support all modes, i cannot verify as i don't have such one here. So if
there's a problem with GM, it's not due to the driver at least. No need
to hack pwlib ;)

> However, check that QCIF or QSIF are supported, having a cropped QCIF
> image is not nice.

CIF and SIF are also possible .. and with USB2.0 they should be even
viewable with reasonable framerate. ;)
However i cannot speak for USB2.0 as my cam with that driver is still
USB1.1...

--
Best regards,
 Kilian