Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Creative Webcam problems

On Sunday 26 Oct 2003 8:03 pm, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Norm - assuming your webcam is ok in other apps, have you tried
> > it running as root?  With Mandrake 9.1 some of us have been
> > trying for a while, with little success as user, but picture
> > available as root.
>
> That's a simple permissions problem. Under Debian, your user should
> belong to the group "video" to have full access to the camera. I
> don't know for Mandrake 9.1 though.

It looks like that, but I do belong to group video, and it still does
not work.  Someone suggested that it is a devfs problem, but I don't
understand that, and don't know whether there is anything I can do
about it.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302