Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] over one hurdle ... another to go

Le dim 26/10/2003 à 00:35, Edwin Kalfahs III a écrit :
> thanks to your patience and help with me.
>
> ok.  the gnomemeeting app opens fine after installing the
> slackware-specific openldap, but now i get this warning in console:
>
> #
> ** (gnomemeeting:1403): WARNING **: FIXME: guard from double entry

Yes, that is a warning from ORBit about something unimplemented. That is
nothing to worry about.

> I ran the configuration wizard with my alsa sound system set to full
> duplex (with a reboot) with my turtle beach santa cruz card (2 years
> old).  it can't seem to open any /dev/dsp test popup dialog where the
> recording echo dialog is shown when in full duplex mode, yet my card
> DOES support full duplex.  i made sure that headphones, master, master
> mono, and headphones were activated in alsamixer and stored with

You have to be more descriptive about the error message. Without the
error message, we can't help. Notice the FAQ describes and explains in
details the possible cause for each of the error messages displayed by
GnomeMeeting.

If I understand you correctly :
- it can open /dev/dsp for recording
- it can't open /dev/dsp when starting to play back

Make sure no other program is using the soundcard, you can check that
with lsof /dev/dsp

(artsd, esd are in general trouble makers)

> #alsactl store
>
> command.
>
> can you people possibly post a step-by-step alsa setup instruction list
> at your site?

Sorry, that is not our objective. ALSA has its own help system.