Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I am having problems connecting to ils.seconix.com server.

Le mer 08/10/2003 à 01:31, peter colton a écrit :
> hello all
hi peter,

> I am running mandrake 9.1 and a internet phone jack pci.
>

> I am having problems connecting to ils.seconix.com server. I have been
> in contact before with the same problem. The reply was to upgrade to
> 0.98.1 which i have done on another machine that was clear of any
> gnomemeeting. After the install i when on line with a dial up
> connection. I then configured gnomemeeting with my info. After that i
> whent to gnomemeeting address book and then refresh the link for the
> ils.seconix.com <http://ils.seconix.com/> the client then returned the
> list of users. The problem starts after i disconnect from the net and
> then reconnect to the net.
IIRC, the problem is here. you first connect thru a dialup, so you got a
first IP address. you configure all the infos needed by ILs, there is no
problem you can browse the ILS.
But then you reconnect, and you got another new IP address. i guess you
tried to reconnect within a period of 20 min, and when you recontact the
ILS, the old IP address is still registered but with the same ID (iirc
your mail address) and ILS reject you. It was intended to prevent user
registration to the ILS hijacking (or sort of).
You have then to wait around 20 min perhaps 30 min, to be able to
reconnect with the same email address but another IP address.
The internal process of the ILS is checking all 20 or 30 min if the IP
address registered is still valid and if not delete the current
registration.

>  When i go back to the list in gnomemeeting
> address book for ils.seconix.com <http://ils.seconix.com/> and the list
> is still there from before. When i refresh the list it returns with no
> list but wrote in the same panel as the list i get “you have to register
> to the see other registerd users”. All so on the botton of the address
> book appears “search completed : 1 user(s) listed on a total of 1
> user(s) from ils.seconix.com <http://ils.seconix.com/>”
>
>                   so how can i sort the problem out.
>
>                             Thanks peter colton
Hope this helps

Fabrice

--
Fabrice Alphonso
Translation Maintainer - GnomeMeeting Team