Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] microphone

Hello,

Le sam 22/11/2003 à 19:51, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> I had problems before, but now they seem to be solved, unless with
> gnomemeeting...
>
> I can hear myself through the microphone, just normally (I do have to set all
> sound options to maximum to hear normal sound).

That is the electronic feedback, suppress it by "muting" the microphone.

> but in gnomemeeting, If I "test 1 2 3" with the druid, after the 5 seconds, I
> hear only a loud piep (sometimes continuously sometimes in a sort of fixed
> loop, in other words, I don't have the sound I just spoke. furthermore, it
> never sends any audio the numbers are always 0,00 for sending audio.
>
> I find it odd that I can hear myself through the microphone but my buddy
> doesn't hear me, and I can hear him too...

That is a typical full-duplex problem. Hearing you speaking doesn't mean
that your drivers are full-duplex. You will always have an electronic
feedback if the mic is not muted. (See FAQ)

> what is wrong with the settings of gnomemeeting?

I would say that your config is wrong in terms of drivers configuration.

> Maarten
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org