Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to fix sound choppy on CPU load?

Le mer 05/11/2003 à 15:18, Mihai T. Lazarescu a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> First of all, great tool Gnomemeeting!!
>
> I'm a bit out of luck trying to reduce audio choppiness (in
> and out) when there is some CPU load.  I tried to raise the
> priority of the gnomemeeting process up to highest available
> but the behavior don't change at all.  Even the movement of
> the default picture sliding up and down is choppy as well,
> regardless of the priority of the process.
>
> I use version 0.98.5 on RedHat Linux 9. Can this be related
> to NPTL-moved-to-kernel bug?  Any hints highly appreciated!

What's your CPU type?
Chopiness in the sound when the CPU is active is due to the driver.
Perhaps you could try ALSA, but I can't promise it will be better.
However, it should be ok if you have a modern processor and you
shouldn't have that kind of problems. (I have no problem on a P3 500 SMP
compiling for example)
--
 _	Damien Sandras
(o-