Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting crash

Le mar 04/11/2003 à 12:35, Anne Wilson a écrit :

> To make sure we had all the available info, I ran it again before
> making any changes.  Again, it defaulted to Picture.  I pointed it at
> video0, and it ran for 1-2 minutes, then crashed again (I simply let
> it run, not touching anything else in the config, nor attempting to
> connect the mic).

OK, then it seems clear to me that it is a Mandrake kernel bug.

> The odd thing is that I had had it running for several minutes at a
> time when I first installed pwcx.  But - I wonder if that was
> *before* I put it into modules.conf?  I'm going to take it out of
> there and try loading it manually, to see if it still happens.

That shouldn't change anything.

> I can't see how to get that backtrace info.  Attached is what I am
> seeing.

Indeed, the dialog is not standard or bug-buddy is not installed.
I suggest you to run gnomemeeting inside gdb as described in a previous
mail.

> If I can't get the backtrace from there, can we get it to write to a
> logfile?

No, you have to use gdb.

> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> I just hope that what we find helps others.  It's good to feel useful
> <g>

:-)

--
 _	Damien Sandras