Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting crash

On Tuesday 04 Nov 2003 10:26 am, Damien Sandras wrote:

> The problem with Mandrake is that they are shipping with highly
> patched kernels, so you never know what will happen.

I understand that.  Plus patch on patch....

> What did you do to make it crash? That's what I wonder :)

I'm not altogether sure.  It's difficult to isolate events.  The first
possible contributor is the fact that my usb hub stopped working.  I
decided that it had died, and bought a new one.  This one is
usb2/1.1.  (I don't have any usb2 devices, but thought it would be
future proofing, and would do no harm).

The next time I tried to launch GnomeMeeting it was just displaying
picture, and I had to change it to video0 - before the usb hub went
it was starting up with video0 displayed.

I then went to the sound config page.  Everything looked reasonable
(though I wound't necessarily know if it wasn't <g>) but couldn't get
any indication that it was hearing me.  I sat and looked at it,
trying to think what to do next, and suddenly got the crash message.
I was not touching it at the time.  The picture was still on screen,
but frozen.

I'll try to keep careful notes of what I try and feed it back to you.
I should say, though, that my time is very limited at the moment, so
it may be a day or two before I get back.  Thanks

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302