Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting crash

On Tuesday 04 Nov 2003 8:18 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lun 03/11/2003 à 23:38, Anne Wilson a écrit :

Thanks, Damien and Kilian, for replying.

> > Twice today I tried to get GnomeMeeting to recognise my
> > microphone (Audigy front panel connection) and both times it
> > crashed.  The error message is
>
> What do you mean by "tried to recognize my microphone"? How does it
> involve GnomeMeeting?

As I had problems with the video I had never actually checked the
audio aspect.  However, having thought about it overnight, I realised
that I had not actually tried using the front-panel connector for the
microphone in any application, so obviously I should check that it
works at all before continuing on that line.

Also, I seem to have had a lot of stability problems since loading the
pwcx module.  I wonder if this is because I run the 2.4.21-0.13mdk
kernel with the Win4Lin patch.  Maybe that patch is introducing a
conflict.  I am going to take out the automatic loading of the module
and do it manually when I need it.

I have a non-patched mm kernel that I can boot to, to see if that is
affected.

> > Application "gnomemeeting" (process 3263) has crashed
> > due to a fatal error.
> > (Segmentation fault)
> >
> > I followed the link to the bug reporting page, but there doesn't
> > seem to be a category for GnomeMeeting.
>
> The easiest is to do the following :
> gdb gnomemeeting
> then type : run
> then reproduce the crash
> then type : threads apply all bt
> and mail me the output and a way to reproduce the crash
>
> > Tomorrow I'll try it with the microphone attached to the back
> > panel, but does anyone know whether the problem is with the
> > Audigy panel or something else entirely?
>
> Without a backtrace and a clear explanation, there is no way to
> determine it. It could also be a driver bug.

I will try all this as soon as I have checked out the points mentioned
above.  I'll report back everything possible.  Thanks

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302