Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] More webcam problems

Le mar 04/11/2003 à 01:03, Norman a écrit :
> Hi,
> In an earlier thread I asked for help with my Creative PD1001c
> webcam which I wanted to use with gnomemeeting.
> Well after many tries at compiling various versions of the ov511
> driver and gnomemeeting I got a new version of Mandrake Linux
> (9.2) and installed that. Now I have a different mess!
> Although I can see /dev/video0 as a symlink to /dev/v41/video0
> I do not have that choice as a video device or in configuration in
> gnomemeeting. The only choice I now have is Picture.
> One thing which does now work instead of freezing Gm is detect
> devices. So any idea where I look now please?
> tia,

Check your permissions, try as root, check that the device is not open
when you detect the device... Check that you have a /proc/video/dev
directory containing the available devices.

Assuming that permissions are correct and that /proc/video/dev is also
correct, if GnomeMeeting doesn't recognize the webcam, it is simply
because it tried to open it and that it failed. If it failed, that is
not GnomeMeeting dependant, not pwlib dependant, but driver dependant.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
(o-