Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting crashed in SuSE8.2

Le mar 27/05/2003 à 16:27, Christof Bodner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the rpm at
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/latest/suse/
> and installed them (after previously removing the original ones)

For SUSE8.2 you need to download the RPM here:
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/latest/suse/Suse_8.2/
And to install it in conjunction with the original SUSE 8.2 OpenH323 and
PWLIB packages provided by SUSE.

The packages you installed are the 8.1 packages.

> podex rosi:~> gnomemeeting
> Your bonobo-activation package is newer than version 1.0.2
> Trying normal start. If this "hangs", try specifying -avoid
> as the first parameter to gnomemeeting.
>
> Results in a segfault while displaying the splash logo.
>
> podex rosi:~> gnomemeeting -avoid
> Avoiding bug in bonobo-activation-server ...
>
> Also results in a segfault.
>
> I've read the FAQ but did not find anything appropriate.
>
> I would really like to use GnomeMeeting again (updating from SuSE8.1)
> Should I try to compile from source?
>
> Ch.
>
> P.S: I am using KDE as the Desktop, but this shouldn't make a
> difference, aren't?

> Quote of the day:
> Lost interest?  It's so bad I've lost apathy.
>  Christof Bodner
>    Linux - Life is too short for reboots
>          - First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
>            fight you(*). Then you win. -- Ghandi
> email: mailto:Christof Bodner gmx net
> Tel.:  +43-650-7215383
> ICQ:   22085157
> GnuPG public key: 8A265334
> Fingerprint CF71 08D2 18B8 A824 37A5  B80E 0888 37E1 8A26 5334
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org