[GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting crashed in SuSE8.2

Hi,

I downloaded the rpm at
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/latest/suse/
and installed them (after previously removing the original ones)

podex rosi:~> gnomemeeting
Your bonobo-activation package is newer than version 1.0.2
Trying normal start. If this "hangs", try specifying -avoid
as the first parameter to gnomemeeting.

Results in a segfault while displaying the splash logo.

podex rosi:~> gnomemeeting -avoid
Avoiding bug in bonobo-activation-server ...

Also results in a segfault.

I've read the FAQ but did not find anything appropriate.

I would really like to use GnomeMeeting again (updating from SuSE8.1)
Should I try to compile from source?

Ch.

P.S: I am using KDE as the Desktop, but this shouldn't make a
difference, aren't?

Quote of the day:
Lost interest?  It's so bad I've lost apathy.
 Christof Bodner
   Linux - Life is too short for reboots
         - First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
           fight you(*). Then you win. -- Ghandi
email: mailto:Christof Bodner gmx net
Tel.:  +43-650-7215383
ICQ:   22085157
GnuPG public key: 8A265334
Fingerprint CF71 08D2 18B8 A824 37A5  B80E 0888 37E1 8A26 5334