Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] A bit OT: Solutions behind firewalls withchanging inet-IPs

Hi Marc and list,

> You mentioned dyndns.  Are you referring to dyndns.org?  If so, why
yes I am.

> aren't you using names instead of the addresses in your gnugk neighbors
I do.

> section.  Dyndns will handle the propogation to dns when your address
No, gnugk does not (or only the first time it resolve's this call).
Especially if one gk get's a new IP both gatekeepers have to be restartet.

> Also, depending on your firewall/router situation, you might need only
> one gatekeeper instead of three.  Among you three, if one of you has a
> router/fireall that is h.323 compliant (truly compliant), just set up
> the GK behind that router/firewall.  On the other hand, if you aren't
> using routing/bridging and are just using a personal firewall, never mind.
I think, we found a satisfying solution:
We use freeswan and ipsec in addition to gnugk and gm. Than we can give static IP-addresses to the gk's and let freeswan handle the dynamic IP-problem.
In addition we get the possibility to secure our call, so nobody will be able to eavedrop.

If anybody is interested in a brief howto I can try to sketch one or he can contact me by mail.

Regards
Uli

--
Ulrich Norbisrath