Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting-to-Polycom issue

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 21:22, Doug Welch wrote:

> I hope that someone can resolve this issue, because it is
> *almost* working!
>
> The situation:

>     - special changes: G.711 codecs moved to top of
>       audio codec list and other codecs deselected
>       (without this change, I always got the call ending
>       abnormally).
>     - video transmission *is* enabled.
>
> Remote: Several different Polycom systems at different
>         sites (at different times).
>
> Local can see remote video
> Local can hear remote audio
> Remote can hear local audio
> Remote *CANNOT* see local video

I've been using GM to connect to some Polycom PitctureTel 600 systems
and haven't had problems like you describe, at least not that I'm aware
of.  I have the same camera, except that I use RedHat 9.  I've compiled
my own PWLib, OpenH323, and GnomeMeeting from the latest released
versions though.  I have a SRPM that compiles PWLib, OpenH323,
GnomeMeeting and a bunch of other apps from openh323.org if you'd like:

<http://jeffollie.home.mchsi.com/h323apps-0.1-0.9.src.rpm>

You'll probably have to do some tweaking to get it to compile on
Mandrake though.

Jeff