Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Problems connecting to Netmeeting machines from gnomemeeting

> GSM shows as the top codec in Netmeeting's Audio prefs on the Win2K box.
Same
> situation as the other netmeeting machine I've tested with.

At Netmeeting select on Options \ Audio \ Advanced ... and enable ( put a
pica on the quare )
the Manually configure compression settings and, in the dropdown select the
codec you wish
to try - in this case GSM 6.10, 8,000kHz; Mono - and click OK.
Exit Options with OK.

> Well, MS-GSM is listed in the Available Audio Codecs portion of the
gnomemeeting
> prefs.  Is being listed in that list enough to say that MS-GSM is
"enabled" in
> gnomemeeting?  Or must the codec be listed at the *top* or *hightlighted*
in the
> gnomemeeting prefs list for that specific codec to be considered enabled.
As it
> turns out, MS-GSM *is* currently at the top of the Audio Codecs prefs list
of
> codecs and *is* highlighted.  Is there anything else I have to do to
enable
> MS-GSM on my side?

To get the codecs available just put the pica on the squares on the left of
the codecs.

To connect to Netmeeting DISABLE Fast Start and H245 !

Donīt forget to be registered at the ILS on Gnomemeeting and start the call
with it,
not with Netmeeting.

It really works, but Netmeeting is not the best sotware to use , why donīt
you install
Openphone insted ? It is the " little brother " of Gnomemeeting for Windows
( and
Linux, of coures) .
Here is the link :
http://www.openh323.org/bin/openphone_20030211_win32.zip

Damien, I hope you donīt get ofended with this description ... : )

Good luck !

J.Pedro