[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Problems connecting to Netmeeting machines from gnomemeeting

> Yes but I don't think it will help at all. I wonder if your Netmeeting
> doesn't disable GSM for one reason or another.

GSM shows as the top codec in Netmeeting's Audio prefs on the Win2K box.  Same
situation as the other netmeeting machine I've tested with.

> Also check MS-GSM is enabled on your side.

Well, MS-GSM is listed in the Available Audio Codecs portion of the gnomemeeting
prefs.  Is being listed in that list enough to say that MS-GSM is "enabled" in
gnomemeeting?  Or must the codec be listed at the *top* or *hightlighted* in the
gnomemeeting prefs list for that specific codec to be considered enabled.  As it
turns out, MS-GSM *is* currently at the top of the Audio Codecs prefs list of
codecs and *is* highlighted.  Is there anything else I have to do to enable
MS-GSM on my side?

Steve

> Also, Damien, I have a question about something you mentioned... When you
said:

> > If your router natively supports H.323:
> > - disable H.245 Tunneling, disable Fast Start, disable IP Translation,
> > do not forward ports, only allow them
>
> What did you mean by do not forward ports, only allow them?  On the cable
> router, I can set the ports to be forwarded to the specific box behind the
> firewall.   But, I'm not sure what you mean by "only allow them".  Isn't that

forwarding = forward to the internal host
allowing = accept incoming connections on those ports

> what port forwarding does?  Only allows the ports to be active for a machine
> behind the firewall?  (I use port forwarding all the time for certain
services).
>  So, I may be confusing your terms of "forwarding" and "allowing".
>
> I should be able to try the .96.1 tonight and will report back regarding the
> codec error from Netmeeting.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

Steve Rifkin - JHU CS Dept Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
               Technical Director
steve410 cs jhu edu
410-516-6281