[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Problems connecting to Netmeeting machines from gnomemeeting

Hmmm... You reference my firewall/router problems.  What specific problems do
you think?  All the ports are forwarded as they should (per a previous e-mail of
mine with status).  What else do you think it could be that is related to a
router?   Can you take a look again at my router configuration that I sent you a
bit ago (I've included it again a few lines below) and see if you see something
that's missing from my configuration for the router/firewall?  I don't know what
else can be set, especially with the router... the router part should be good.

My current configuration (updated).

H.245 tunneling is active.

TCP 1720  is port forwarded from router/firewall.

UDP 5000-5003  is port forwarded from router/firewall.

TCP 30000-30010 is port forwarded from router/firewall.

IP address translation is active.

The Win2k Netmeeting box has GSM activated.

MS-GSM is active in gnomemeeting.

The only thing I did not touch is the section in the H.323 Advanced prefs
regarding H.232 Call Forwarding.  The Always forward calls to the given host,
Forward calls to the given host if no answer, and Forward calls to the given
host if busy are still unchecked.  The Forward calls to host section is kept
blank.  Also, User Input Capabilities is still set to ALL.  NAT/PAT Router
suppot is enabled with the public IP of the router.  Fast Start is disabled.

Thanks for all your help!  :)

Steve

Damien wrote...

I've checked on my windows millenium and the connection is established
even if there is no common codec. My guess is that it can't establish
the H.245 channel due to your firewall/router problems, and thus codecs
can not be negotiated.