Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Problems connecting to Netmeeting machines from gnomemeeting

Le mar 11/03/2003 à 22:16, Steve Rifkin a écrit :
> OK, here is my current gnomemeeting status.
>
> H.245 tunneling is active.
>
> TCP 1720  port forwarded from router.
>
> UDP 5000-5003  port forwarded from router.
>
> TCP 30000-30010  port forwarded from router.
>
> IP address translation is active.
>
> The Win2k Netmeeting box has GSM activated.
>
> >From my gnomemeeting linux box, I connect to the Win2K netmeeting box and still
> get the "could not find common codec with remote party" error.
>
> So, I guess that the only thing left to do is try .96.1 as you suggested.  Yes?

Yes but I don't think it will help at all. I wonder if your Netmeeting
doesn't disable GSM for one reason or another. Also check MS-GSM is
enabled on your side.

> Also, Damien, I have a question about something you mentioned... When you said:
>
> > If your router natively supports H.323:
> > - disable H.245 Tunneling, disable Fast Start, disable IP Translation,
> > do not forward ports, only allow them
>
> What did you mean by do not forward ports, only allow them?  On the cable
> router, I can set the ports to be forwarded to the specific box behind the
> firewall.   But, I'm not sure what you mean by "only allow them".  Isn't that

forwarding = forward to the internal host
allowing = accept incoming connections on those ports