Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Do we close this mailing list?

On 07-Mar-2003 Marc Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 08:18, Brian Johnson wrote:
>> I LOVE mailing lists and HATE web based forums ... why?
>>
>> 1. email comes to you .. you don't have to go get it
>> 2. you don't have to be connected to net to participate
>
> While I share some of your sentiments, just exactly how do you get your
> email if you're not connected?  Whatever it is, I'd like to do the same
> and get rid of my ISP altogether.  Might save some $$.  :-)

I have enough things to do, that I can read my e-mail

        -  without actually being online (by connecting, pulling my mail,
           and closing the connection)

        -  without having to open a browser, that I wouldn't be opening
           anyways (possible exception being the occasional url reference
           to go follow).

more over, I find that I can archive and search e-mail much better that most web
based forums.

-Greg

   You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
   software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
   that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.
| Greg Hosler                                   hosler lugs org sg    |