Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Do we close this mailing list?

i suggest keeping your development and other mailing system operating and opening a help forum on gnomemeeting and perhaps a link from the other linux distribution sites to that operating help only site. this would certainly be an excellent idea. that way the appliance operators such as myself would be able to get the use oriented help, while those who are vastly more skilled in programming languages and system administration would be able to continue on with the development. sure would cut down the mail here.

Damien Sandras wrote:

Hello all,

Given the fact that people have to subscribe to the mailing list to ask
one question, then unsubscribe, I wonder if closing the mailing list and
open an help forum on www.gnomemeeting.org wouldn't be a good idea.

It seems that help forums are more appropriate for casual help than
mailing lists.

What do the current subscribers think?

- Do we close the mailing list and create a forum?
- Do we keep the mailing list and create a forum?
- Or do we keep the mailing list only?

PS: the gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org would of course continue to
exist as it is intended for regular discussions about the development
and not for casual help.