Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Soundcard ALS 100/... and gnomemeeting?

Le mer 25/06/2003 à 14:55, Torsten Knodt a écrit :
> Hello,
> has someone a card using a driver which is compatible to the above card got
> working with gnomemeeting? OSS drivers say, they are only half duplex. For
> me, they don't even load right. Alsa loads, but has problems with
> gnomemeeting (Audio Transmission hangs in both directions, after some
> seconds). But full duplex seems to work. I can cat /dev/sound/dsp and do a
> cat /dev/zero >/dev/sound/dsp the same time.

What happens with the configuration druid? That is the first thing to
try because perhaps the transmission hangs because of other problems.

cat /dev/zero > /dev/sound/dsp won't permit you to see if the playback
really works as there will be no sound.

> Alternativly, does someone no of a cheap card which works without problems for
> gnomemeeting? I'm using a soundblaster live, but this is a little overkill
> only to get gnomemeeting working.

I was using a SB PCI 128 without any problem.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org