Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM + DV + Debian (was: 1394 DV cam not recognized?)

Le sam 05/07/2003 à 08:04, Chris Ruvolo a écrit :

> It works.  Two additional devices show up in the dropdown: /dev/raw1394 and
> /dev/video1394.  I was able to get a video feed using the video1394 device
> and module.

Yes, same thing here. However, I had to rmmod ohci1394 & reinsmod it
several time before it worked: it is pretty unreliable.

> However, the raw1394 device did not work.  GnomeMeeting says that it was
> unable to open the device.  This works in kino and dvgrab, so I'm not sure
> what the problem is here.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Yes, gm can only use /dev/video1394/0, not /dev/raw1394. This device is
unreliable to get working; while kino can make use of /dev/raw1394,
which works pretty well.

> > (btw. please send me the diff of debian/rules for future releases.. just
> > in case ;))
>
> The diff would be just adding --enable-firewireavc to the configure line in
> pwlib's debian/rules.  The other changes were for my bumped version number
> (-0.1).

Yes, it is the right way to do so.

> Its all online here if you want to see:
>
>     http://chris.ruvolo.net/debian/gnomemeeting/source/
>
> Oh, and I had to file Debian bug #199878 against libdv2-dev for an include
> problem in /usr/include/libdv/dv_types.h.  I had to comment out a bogus
> #include of config.h there.

Yes; are you sure it wasn't already reported?

> If anyone is interested in giving these binaries a try, you can use the
> following lines in your /etc/apt-sources.list, but please don't leave them
> there permanently, this is just my little DSL connection.
>
>     # Gnomemeeting 0.98.0
>     deb http://chris.ruvolo.net/debian/ gnomemeeting/binary-i386/
>     deb-src http://chris.ruvolo.net/debian/ gnomemeeting/source/

I prefer building my own binaries after the cvs version of gm, to do
some other testing (when I have time), but those packages may be nice to
point other people to if they want to use a stable gm _with_ AVC.
Thanks!

Snark on #gnomemeeting