Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 1394 DV cam not recognized?

Hi Georgi,

> I have no idea why it checks /dev/raw1394.

hehe, me neither ;)

> I tried to uncompress the source from the deb file (can someone suggest a
> simple tool for undebbing .deb files in case I ever have to do this again,
> because I don't feel like installing dpkg) and then I ran ldd on the
> gnomemeeting executable, but I saw no references to 1394. Try it for yourself:

without dpkg it's hard, but technically it's an "ar" archive iirc..
there's a much easier way though with the snapshots.seconix.com/debian
.. you can just plain look at the source and the debian/rules makefile
to build them ;)
..but you're right: no FireWire in there *g*

--
Best regards,
 Kilian