Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnome Meeting conferencing ?

Greg,
 It is a bit tricky, but doable.

 a)put openmcu on a box somewhere.

 b)Everyone must make their call to that box.

 c)Everyone hears what everyone else said (and video, if enabled)

problems:
 Audio latency is twice that of a standard one to one call.

 you have to get the h323 call to go from computers on a lan out into the
internet. Doable, possibly easiest way is to put a h323 aware firewall on
each lan.

======
I would note that inherrantly, h323 is one to one.
Thus, you are trying to make it do something it won't do directly.

===
One could invent a protocol where for N nodes, everyone establishes a link
to everyone else.
Thus, you would have N*(N-1) links created.
   3 nodes, 6 links
  10 nodes, 90 links.

Nope, doesn't really scale, and won't really work. Sigh.

In theory, this could be done with some clever code in openh323. It would
fail at about 70 nodes, when each computer gets bogged down with the load.
Please, don't ask me to write this!.
===
Here is a solution.
 All of your colleagues and yourself go into one room, where there is GM.
You boss has GM in his office.
Then you talk.

Derek.