Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] the quality of Gnomemeeting degraded when using a VCR

Le lun 20/01/2003 à 06:07, Sue Zhou csiro au a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to transfer VCR video using Gnomemeeting with a DC10+ video
> capture card. The quality of video degrades a lot comparing using the same
> card with a video camera. When I tried to use xawtv to display same thing, I
> found the video quality  of xawtv is as bad as Gnomemeeting when xawtv using
> overlay capturing. However, when xawtv using grabdisplay capturing, the
> video quality of xawtv is a lot better than Gnomemeeting. I am wondering if
> there is a similar capturing function (grabdisplay) in Gnomemeeting, and how
> to configure Gnomemeeting to enable such function. Thanks a lot.

No that doesn't exist in GnomeMeeting. That function would require more
CPU work => not good for real time communication.

Anyway, I think that the problem is with your driver, and adding a
workaround to improve the quality on the software side is not a good
idea, better fix the source of the problem: the driver.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org