Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ratio problem with NTSC camera

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 14:56, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dim 19/01/2003 à 22:10, Florin Andrei a écrit :
>
> > xawtv works quite good with this camera, the ratio is ok (4:3).
>
> GnomeMeeting is requesting the QCIF video format : 176x144. Probably
> that xawtv is not using that size.

Actually, xawtv displays the TV and S-Video inputs at 640x480; of
course, it can rescale the image up and down, but i believe it's 640x480
that's the "basic" format.

> Check that it is not your driver.

How do i do that?

> what GnomeMeeting is doing is requesting QCIF size to the driver and
> displaying the buffers it gets. If the ratio is not correct, it is
> because your driver sends back a picture with an incorrect ratio.

So, basically you're saying it is the bttv driver that provides the
wrong format, is that what you're saying? (i'm using the standard bttv
driver to get my Bt878 card working, and my camcorder is connected
through the Bt878 to the computer)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/