[GnomeMeeting-list] ratio problem with NTSC camera

Software:
- GnomeMeeting 0.93.1
- Linux Red Hat 8.0
Hardware:
- NTSC camera Sony TRV240
- Hauppauge TV card Bt878 (the camera is connected to it via the S-Video
input)

Problem:
The image is too tall. It looks like it doesn't have the normal 4:3
ratio. See this image where i'm holding a CD perfectly perpendicular to
the camera, but as you can see it's an oval not a circle:

http://florin.myip.org/stuff/gm-ratio.png

Other info:
xawtv works quite good with this camera, the ratio is ok (4:3).

With GM, i'm using these settings:
- /dev/video0
- video channel 2 (chan 1 gets me black-and-white images, and channel 0
is the TV tuner)
- video size: small or large, it does not matter
- video format: NTSC

I'm willing to try different things to help you debug it, please let me
know what to do.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/